The Telehealth Professional’s Guide to Successful Program Development is a blog series that provides an overview of the program development plan created by the California Telehealth Resource Center and the consortium of Telehealth Resource Centers. Phases include Assess & Define, Develop & Plan, Implement & Monitor. This plan, combined with national and regional resources, can help you build a successful telehealth program. Click here to view the series.
Click here to access the Step-by-Step Checklist for Telehealth Program Development.
How do you know if your organization is ready?
What do you need to know?
- Assessing organizational readiness is an evaluation to ensure that your organization has the ability and willingness to change how business operates and services are offered
- Taking time to assess organizational readiness allows you to identify critical gaps/potential problems and address them prior to implementing your program
- Experts estimate that 50% of all change efforts fail because leaders do not sufficiently assess organizational readiness for change
What do you need to consider?
- What telehealth/telemedicine services should we offer?
- Would the new services fit within our organization’s mission, strategic plan, values and culture?
- How would a new program impact current operations?
- Does my organization have the technology needed to be successful?
- Do we have a program champion, an advocate who is open to change and able to obtain financial, technical and personnel support?
- Who would be a member of the team and what role would he/she play?
- What are the potential opportunities, strengths, weaknesses, challenges and barriers to implementing the program?
- How would we measure program success?
Resources to get you started!
- Course Module: Building Your Telehealth Team
- Telehealth Readiness Factors: What Are They and Why Are They Essential?
- Assessing Organizational Readiness: Is Your Organization Ready for Telemedicine?
- Best Practices for Telehealth Programs: Lessons from the Field
- National Telehealth Resource Center Program Development Guides